On 15/04/2010, at 8:16 AM, Ted Roby wrote:

I had googled all of this before my first post.
In fact, I have been in contact with the current
maintainers of the project. They have explicit
permission, but that doesn't give me explicit
permission.

Ok, now I'm confused.

You've been ranting for a while now, but what exactly is your
question???

As I read it, you have updates to some code which has an unfriendly
license, and you cant contact the licensor to get permission.
Is this a fair summary? If so, what does this have to do with us?

Further more - if you've been in contact with the current maintainers,
who have been in contact with the licensor, cannot they put you in
contact? (please don't answer this question - I really dont care what
you or they have to say on this. It's rhetorical).

Please clarify what you want from this list.

paulm