On 04/15/10 01:39, VICTOR TARABOLA CORTIANO wrote:
Fascinating. I predicted Peereboom would post the same old rant.

My "fix" has nothing to do with childish attitude or being more nerdy than
you.  It has everything do with GNU's twisted definition of  freedom.

Yet, that's YOUR view on the subject. My views are quite different.
His view is right and your's is incorrect.

You can not dictate the truth.

If you think the GPL == freedom, you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass.

You probably hate the GPL. I like it.
Because you hate freedom and are self proclaimed hippie.

I do not dictate my views to others.  Your typical insults and
testosterone bursts aren't effective where logical thinking is
present.

Then apply some logical thinking yourself, and quit drinking Stallman's kool-aid.

How many restrictions are in the BSD and ISC licenses? For all intents and purposes, one: keep the copyright message intact. Otherwise, *free* to do with as you please. That's a fact.

Now go look at the GPL, any version, and list the restrictions. You can't do this, you can't do that, unless you do this, unless you do that.

There's a clue in having many versions over the years: refinements of the restrictions. That's a fact.

Here's a short overview:  http://www.openbsd.org/policy.html

If you don't believe the GPL has more restrictions, ask a lawyer and see for yourself. The lawyer will give you some facts.

Maybe the GPL is best for *your* needs, but don't blather on about it being 'free'. You sound like an idiot.

So let's stop arguing because this is already off-topic. You won't
be able to change my views, and I won't even try to change yours.
Why not?  You are wrong, and worse not admitting it.

Yelling that I'm wrong and testosterone bursts won't make me wrong.
Maybe logical arguments would change my mind, but that requires
intelligence, not superficial whining.

You are whining.  And not sounding particularly intelligent in the process.

The GPL is a promise of "good" communism.  Wake me up when it starts
working.

Yet you use GCC.

Marco, instead of complaining about GNU, GPL, FSF, Linux, etc. Why
don't you write some code instead? I know it's a strange concept.

WTF are you talking about? I don't recall seeing your name on any OpenBSD commits. I know about marco@, but not *you*. Where are your commits? STFU already.

--
- RSM
www.erratic.ca