On 04/17/10 04:49, Jozsi Vadkan wrote:
I want to put my server in a "server hotel".

But: I don't trust my "server hotel owner".

What can I do?

If someone has physical access to your box, there is nothing you can do, period.

There are some really extraordinary (insane) things you can do to prevent it, but most of those solutions are only viable in lands where unicorns roam free.

This discussion has taken place before on this list (search the archives) and the answer to a truly secure machine involved it being placed in a 2km thick block of steel reinforced concrete at the bottom of an ocean.

I'm also pretty certain this has been asked on Slashdot (search their archives) and the simple answer involved an unmanaged server plan with a provider other than the untrusted one.

--
- RSM
www.erratic.ca