On Wed, 12.05.2010 at 19:48:47 +0100, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:
> > > But usually you just feed plain vlans to the wan provider and they handle
> > > translation or stacking..
> >
> > ?!?
>
> If they're doing nested vlans (tag stacking), usually you feed them
> frames, they add their own tag to get the frames across their network,
> and decapsulate when they handover to you.

Erm, this sounds backwards to me. I am the guy who needs to stack some
- possibly already stacked - vlans at the remote end, in the data
centre, and then feed this into the pipe (easy), and decapsulate
multiple times at home, and encapsulate everything at home before
sending it out through the wan pipe again, to be decapsulated in the
data centre and distributed to various other people there.

--
Kind regards,
--Toni++