Hi
did you actually read any piece of documentation about the topic?
Manual pages like ipsec(4) for overview, ipsec.conf(5) for
configuration and isakmpd(8) + keynote(3,4,5) + openssl(1) + authpf(8)
for possible ways of authenticating your warriors.

> I've found many examples via Google.  Some are using isakmpd.conf, while
> others use the isakmpd -K switch and defer to ipsec.conf for configuration.

Choose what you prefer. ipsec.conf is less typing (about ten times).

> In my situation with multiple Road Warriors, is one way more correct than
> the other..?  Easier..?

All the situations are easy if you know what are doing :-) And guess
where the place to learn is...

> What's the preferred method in the day of OpenBSD 4.7?

To search before typing?

--
Martin Pelikan