* Eduardo Meyer <dudu.me...@gmail.com> [2010-05-23 13:51]:
> Hello,
>
> I have 3 simple but yet annoying doubts. First, it's about localpref.
> Today I have a /23 prefix which I announce only to one peer and which
> I also go upstream to this very only peer. However the upstream policy
> I had to use "pf route-to" to achieve the desired behavior. I could
> not arrange to sort a match filter which would allow me to set
> localpref to any destionation for a prefix of mine (outgoing). I cam,
> for sure, arrange to set destination based localpref. Say, I can raise
> or lower localpref for a given destination, but not for all
> destionations from a /23 source of mine. Tried things like:
>
> match to $peer_2 prefix X.Y.Z.0/23 set localpref +50
>
> But it wont work as I need. Please remember X.Y.Z.0/23 is announced by me.

localpref for outgoing? that is useless. localpref is, well, local,
and not transmitted to the peer. and since you're setting it outbound
(after all route decisions) it is a noop.

> By second doubts is regarding "bgpctl show rib out". This command
> shows what I announce in one OpenBGP router but does not shows on any
> other one. I have read the man pages, I have softreconfig set o yes
> for both in and out (which is the default, btw, as mentioned on man
> page and as bgpd -nv shows me). Sometimes I use "bgpctl net show" but
> thats not as nice as "sh rib out".

sounds like you're after sh ri out nei foo

> Finally, my last doubt. I want to re-announce the bogon prefix I get
> from cymru projet to by internal BGP servers. I do "announce all" but
> the bogon list prefixes I get from cymru don't get announced. I
> managed to " set community delete NO_EXPORT" since I believed the
> NO_EXPORT community cymru sends me is the cause of non-reannouncement
> on "announce all" desired behavior.
> However its still dont get announced to my peers.

i bet this is an invalid nexthop case. set nexthop-self might be
required.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de