On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Andreas Mueller
<andr...@stapelspeicher.org> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've got an USB-UMTS-stick (Huawei 169G, basically crippled Huawei 169
> without sd-card slot and antenna port) and I'm using OpenBSD 4.6 as an
> Internet gateway.
> This works most of the time, but after some time it just hangs. This
> happens independent from everything I could make my mind of, like load,
> interval etc. I did not find a way to reproduce.
> The pppd connect-script just fails and I assume this is a hardware-bug as
> a soft-reboot mostly doesn't help.
> I usually manual disconnect the stick and reattach it.
>
> This is pretty lame, so I am searching for a way to surpass this
> procedure. Is there a way to kinda-hardreset the usb-device? (Tools,
> kernel-module/patch?)
>

> Thanks in advance
> Andreas MC<ller

Hi Andreas,

My E169 hangs (usually due to signal dropping out on the move) it
usually connects again happily if I do:

> pkill pppd
> ifconfig ppp0 destroy

and then run my create and pppd scripts again, and if that doesn't
work - then a detach and reattach usually fixes the problem - not a
slick solution but it works for me on my E169.

hth

Fred