I have used a number of operating systems, including Linux and FreeBSD, and am
thinking about adding OpenBSD to the list. (This would be i386, or amd64 if the
latter has enough features: my hardware will support it). I use a UVC Webcam
with Linux, and it would increase my motivation to try OpenBSD if such
equipment would also work with that OS. I heard that 4.4 offered "partial"
support, and there are more recent releases than that. Has anyone here tried
using such a Webcam (say, with Skype or Ekiga?). Skype probably doesn't work
unless Linux emulation is pretty well-developed, as with FreeBSD, but there
should be a native port of Ekiga.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/