On 2010-06-03, Uwe Dippel <udip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, that seriously turns me off. I have given everything in detail
> that I came across,

The problem is obviously relating to something that you didn't
come across otherwise you wouldn't be posting here - if you can post
logs this will give more people a chance to spot it..

Ideally send everything right back to the boot messages from bsd.rd.

The request for unedited is because some people will "tidy things
up" before posting, which might remove something that other people
would find important.

On a hunch: what does stat /sbin/pfctl say?

>                          Who knows, there can always be a rogue
> package. Not that I'm saying this has happened, but theoretically, any
> package could contain 4.6-files and write them back at pkg_add.

You'll get a clearly visible error if the hash doesn't match that
stored in the install kernel.