> What kind of HW do you use?

The MPLS test setup is made from five ALIX boards, three as P routers
in the core connected in a triangle, and two as PE routers.

> I do my tests with little soekris boxes and
> there the RTT is in the range of 4-5ms and indistinguishable from non MPLS
> operation.

After updating to -current as of this morning, I still observe RTTs of
113 ms when pinging from one PE router to the over PE via two P
routers.
I have been checking the usual suspects, such as duplex-mismatch, but
from tcpdumps it looks as if the P routers take two to three douzen
milliseconds before they route returning ICMP Echo Replies.

Later, I'll try to compile and post a more precise analysis, possibly
with timestamped traces, etc.