> On 18 Jun, patric conant wrote:
> > Is there a line to be added to dhcpd.conf to tell dhcpd to attempt to update
> > bind9 with hostnames from dhcp client, BIND is configured to allow updates
> > from the lan, and dhcpd and BIND are running on the same machine, I've seen
> > other bind implementations that do this by default, and others still that
> > have a knob in dhcpd.conf, but nothing in dhcpd's man pages seem to say
> > either way.
>
> you need at least isc dhcp version 3.X for dynamic updates - openbsd ships
> with
> something older last time i checked. a isc dhcp 3.something package is
> available.

we don't ship with "something older".

what we ship has been audited, seperated, rinsed, and made extra clean
and unscary.  the changes are very substantial.

anyone is welcome to run the official isc stuff if they want.  they're
also welcome to drink the water in india.  we don't mind when other people
take risks with their own lives.