This question is inspired by the recent discussion on nail-devel mailing
list

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=nail-devel

as well as a private discussion Martin, William, and me had, which you
can read below.

The only reason I personally chose to use nail over mail from
the base of OpenBSD is MIME as well as IMAP/POP support. I suspect this
is the case with most nail users. IMAP/POP support is not really a big
deal and should not be part of the base. It could be easily achieved by
fdm for instance

http://fdm.sourceforge.net/

On another hand OpenBSD version of mail lacks MIME support which is
unfortunately must for me. Yes, I know that MIME functionality can be
achieved by MetaMail or Mpack. However it has been brought to my
attention that NetBSD version of mail does have such a support.
I compared the source files for NetBSD version of mail with OpenBSD
version of mail. It appears that MIME functionality has been added to
NetBSD mail about two years ago by adding 7 source and 7 header files.
The other files look very similar at least in names. How difficult
would be to "port" this functionality from NetBSD version of mail?

I guess that this is really the question for Theo and Damien who have
the most of recent CVS commits to mail. I apologize for this noise but
I am really curios.

Best,
Predrag