On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 07:08:18PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2010/08/14 19:18, Siju George wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> > wrote:

> > > It's even less maintained than the linux one (and there's very little
> > > point in doing so; most things you might run as a binary are going to be
> > > available for Linux in either the same or a newer version as FreeBSD).
> > >

> > You don't get sound in linux emulation right?
> > I could never make sound work
>
> Never tried, the only thing I've ever wanted it for is softmaker office.

there is OSSv3 emulation for linux binaries.  it works as well as using
libossaudio.  i.e. there is no sndio/aucat integration, so there is no
concurrent access support, there is no resampling, and format/channel
conversions are limited.

to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with people thinking it doesn't exist
or doesn't work enough to be useful.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org