On 30/08/10 13:03, Jean-Francois wrote:
Hello,

I was thinking about how to help openbsd project, and since I am not able to
help in programming, I'm thinking about starting something aroung openbsd such
as a layer making it an easy enough to manage home nas server of good quality.

I have not yet the whole picture of how to do it but maybe a project that will
take quite sometime and whose goal is to transform a standard install into a
ready to run nas server with few efforts.

I don't know yet what it will be like, probably it needs to be package or
something else, I need to study it more in details so far.

I hope that you will receive well this idea I have and maybe if you do wish,
support if it is needed.

I will then open something on my own wiki to prepare and work on the complete
project, describe it in detail and start to implement things.

Again thanks for the quality of that os and its documentation which makes it
very interesting to work on.

Regards
JF

Are you trying to make pure OBSD version of projects like Openfiler and FreeNAS? If you don't know about those, check those out as contributing to those may be more worth while then starting a new project