Hi,

I am trying to figure out why OpenBSD won't let me activate
"net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv" and "net.inet6.ip6.forwarding" at the same
time.

My ISP started an IPv6 beta, and I am trying to configure my OpenBSD router
for it. I want to get the IPv6 address of my gateway (the address of my
ISP's router) on my pppoe0 interface via resold and to run rtadvd on my lan
interface, so my hosts can configure themselves.

What's the clean way to get that working? For now, I disabled ip6.forwarding
in sysctl.conf and didn't enable rtadvd in rc.conf.local. That way, 'rtsold'
starts and works correctly. Then, I added "sysctl
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1" and "/usr/sbin/rtadvd <LAN INTERFACE>" to
/etc/rc.local

Everything works fine that way (as far as I can tell, for now), but it
doesn't feel clean...

Thanks for your help

--
Simon Comeau Martel