On 2010-09-20, Joe Martel <j...@joemartel.com> wrote:
>>> Interesting, thanks for the info - should I post a new bug report as that
> one
>>> is closed?
>>
>> If you can repeat it on a -current snapshot, yes please.
>
> I'm happy to help by upgrading to a -current snapshot.
>
> Have read FAQ 5 but,  when 4.8 is released in November, can I
> upgrade from -current to 4.8Rel ?

That would be a downgrade (the tree was tagged in August; the gap
between then and release is for testing, cd production, package
building, etc).

Downgrading might work, but it's not really supported, and you may
get into a slight mess with shared libraries.

Easier to stick with -current until 4.9 if you do that (or just
stick with -current; I would suggest keeping an eye on at
least plus48.html if not the source-changes list if running -current
but it's not really difficult/scary).