On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org>
wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:33:34AM +0200, ??????? ??????? wrote:
>> % ps -akx | grep usb
>> B  B  8 ?? B DK B  B  B 0:00.26 (usbtask)
>> B 7243 p1 B S+ B  B  B 0:00.01 grep usb
>> % top -S -n 200 | grep usb
>> B  B  8 root B  B  B -6 B  B 0 B  B 0K B  19M idle B  B  B usbsyn B  B 0:00
B 0.00% usbtask

> "usbsyn" - there's a synchronous usb transfer not finishing. B does this
> recover (i.e. usbtask thread is not waiting in usbsyn) when you remove
> the device?

After urtw device removal:

% top -S -n 200 | grep usb
    8 root      10    0    0K   19M sleep/0   usbtsk    0:00  0.00% usbtask

Then, after some time (not immediately on plugging in) it reverts to:

% top -S -n 200 | grep usb
    8 root      -6    0    0K   19M idle      usbsyn    0:00  0.00% usbtask

> does this happen with all usb devices?

With the rest of devices everything is OK.

Actually I'm using this dongle because booting proccess stopped on
trying to attach the WiMax part on Intel Link 5150. While that device
is connected via MiniPCIe, the WiMax part connects to the USB bus, so
I think that could be somehow connected. In 4.7 there were no issues
with Intel device, and urtw was faulty, but didn't give these
problems.

>B does it happen in all usb ports?

Yes. Regardless of usb port it attaches to the same EHCI hub and
behaves the same way.

Don't know whether it is somehow important or not, but power over usb
works for newly plugged devices that are not attached to the system.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff