Marco Peereboom wrote:
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 01:08:25AM +0000, JC Choisy wrote:
That being out of the way, you got me wondering what good is
any integrity check which failure is OK.

It is only meant to help uptight people having some sort of false sense
of integrity/security.  It really is for release only because snapshots
are a moving target.  In my opinion the whole check is a giant waste of
time because every damn time the snaps are out of sync for a reason or
another people come whining to the list about something that is
irrelevant.

Am I correct in assuming that the code before this integrity check is not able to distinguish between release and snapshot?