On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:30:25 +0200
Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de> wrote:

> * Claudio Jeker <cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> [2010-10-28 10:01]:
> > > Why not taking part of intl. engineering ? Thus you could act upon
> > > worldwide
> > > decisions.
> > Taking part of intl. engineering brings you either into a lunatic asylum
> > or into prison. We're not that dumb to go down that road.
>
> we can't even. no way without being backed by a multinational
> corparate money sink.
>
> --
> Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
> BS Web Services, http://bsws.de
> Full-Service ISP - Secure Hosting, Mail and DNS Services
> Dedicated Servers, Rootservers, Application Hosting

It's exponential, I don't see why they didn't just add more dots. It
wasted most of a day of my life deciding I'll stick to ipv4, for as
long as possible. ipv6 has drawbacks and the only benefits I saw are
doable and with more choice on ipv4.

I've always tried to steer clear of nfs,rpc, samba too. I did see some
software recently for windows that was supposed to enable sftp to act
like a windows share. I haven't had time or the need to see what sort
of filesystem integration exists for sftp on multiple platforms.