Hi all,

Just to resurrect an old thread, I just installed OpenBSD on my laptop
and I'm having the same problem with my Atheros AR9285 card.
"ifconfig athn0 scan" freezes my computer almost immediately (perhaps
a one second pause or so?)

Damien, I recompiled and installed the kernel with the debug setting
set to 10, as you suggested, but when I run ifconfig, it doesn't print
any text.

Any suggestions?  I'm pondering buying a new wifi card.  I really
enjoy OpenBSD and I'd hate to have to stop using it on account of
wifi.

On tangential note, does anyone know of a wicd-like solution for
managing wifi networks in OpenBSD?  Could just be a set of shell
scripts, as well.

-Ersin

--
Ersin Y. Akinci -- ersinakinci.com

What Digital Revolution? -- www.whatdigitalrevolution.com
Thinking critically about digital worlds.