Hello list.

I'm quite new to Openbsd, have used Freebsd for a while.

I have a newly installed Openbsd system.
OpenBSD machine01.no-ip.org 4.8 GENERIC.MP#335 amd64

Upon installation of noip I ran the command noip2 -C to configure it.

I want noip to run a script every 30 minutes that sends a mail to me at the end of the updating of the address.

So I choose the settings accordingly when configuring noip.

I've put the following in my /etc/rc.local

# Add your local startup actions here.

/usr/local/sbin/noip2 &

echo '.'

When the machine is booted I get the mail, but I do not get the updates every 30 minutes as I should.

I cannot see if the the daemon starts because the line at the startup screen shows only "starting local daemons:,"

The command:
# ps -aux | grep noip

Gives

_noip 6013 0.0 0.2 428 916 ?? Is 10:04AM 0:00.01 /usr/local/sb

Top shows the process
6013 _noip      2    0  428K  916K idle      select    0:00  0.00% noip2

If I kill that process and start noip2 from the command line it also sends the mail at start up but not after the following 30 minutes.

I'm not sure whether noip is running every 30 minutes I've been tailing /var/log/messages and I cannot see anything related to noip there.

Can anyone on this list point me in the right direction?

Thanks

/Leslie