Hi all:

I have problem with my ipv6 router (two NICs) running on 4.8. I have
external IP address /64 and routed by ISP /48 network through that IP.
I want to use static addressing in my internal network, so I've choose
one /64 subnet in my /48 network and assigned xx::1 to my internal
router and assigned xx::2 IP and xx::1 to client host in my internal
network.

1) I'm able to ping client host from router and vice versa.
2) Firewall permitting icmp6 and not blocks packets (I'm logging
blocked packets and checked with tcpdump on pflog0).
3) I'm able to reach external IPv6 hosts from router and I'm able to
ping router from remote ipv6 hosts. problem is that
4) I can't reach external hosts from my client host xx::2 (or any
other IP).  I don't see requests on router's internal interface, but
see it with tcpdump on client host.
5) When I'm trying to ping client host from external host I see on
client host that packets reach client host and sends response but that

Does anybody have clue why it not works?

Magic happens when I'm starting rtadvd re0 -c /etc/rtadvd.conf (where
I have same network specified) - then it works :).

My NIC is re0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "D-Link DGE-528T" rev 0x10:
RTL8169/8110SB (0x1000), apic 2 int 20 (irq 12), address
00:1e:58:2b:f3:d8
rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S PHY, rev. 3

# sysctl -a | grep inet6
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1
net.inet6.ip6.redirect=1
net.inet6.ip6.hlim=64
net.inet6.ip6.mrtproto=103
net.inet6.ip6.maxfragpackets=200
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=0
net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith=1
net.inet6.ip6.log_interval=5
net.inet6.ip6.hdrnestlimit=10
net.inet6.ip6.dad_count=1
net.inet6.ip6.auto_flowlabel=1
net.inet6.ip6.defmcasthlim=1
net.inet6.ip6.kame_version=OpenBSD-current
net.inet6.ip6.use_deprecated=1
net.inet6.ip6.rr_prune=5
net.inet6.ip6.v6only=1
net.inet6.ip6.maxfrags=200
net.inet6.ip6.mforwarding=0
net.inet6.ip6.multipath=0
net.inet6.ip6.multicast_mtudisc=0
net.inet6.ip6.neighborgcthresh=2048
net.inet6.ip6.maxifprefixes=16
net.inet6.ip6.maxifdefrouters=16
net.inet6.ip6.maxdynroutes=4096
net.inet6.ip6.dad_pending=0
net.inet6.icmp6.rediraccept=1
net.inet6.icmp6.redirtimeout=600
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_prune=1
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_delay=5
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_umaxtries=3
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_mmaxtries=3
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_useloopback=1
net.inet6.icmp6.nodeinfo=1
net.inet6.icmp6.errppslimit=100
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_maxnudhint=0
net.inet6.icmp6.mtudisc_hiwat=1280
net.inet6.icmp6.mtudisc_lowat=256
net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_debug=0
net.inet6.divert.recvspace=65636
net.inet6.divert.sendspace=65636

# uname -a
OpenBSD gateway 4.8 GENERIC.MP#335 amd64

With regards,
Eugene Sudyr