Hello Philip Guenther,

It looks like your answer is the most valuable for me. So, by my
understanding, the developer compiles and gets the *.tgz files,
uploads them to the ftp server but he doesn't compile the sha256
checksum each times for those files. I don't know why, because i'm not
familiar with the entire distribution process, maybe they take to much
time. But from time to time, the developer makes it somehow that
SHA256 has the good checksums inside.

Another thing I got recently from reading list is that *.iso file has
its own cheksum mechanism once it is written to the cd so you don't
need the actual sha256 for it. From my checks I can say that *.iso
file may be older than actual individual files present on the ftp.
>From now on, as an *.iso user I don't need the SHA256 then. If I'm
mistaken again, please correct me.

For the other guys answering, a big thank you also, but your answers
were placed to a high level for me. For the people with jokes in mind,
don't waste your time for an answer that brings more confusion than
clarity.

thanks