Sorry for the delay, been caught in stuff

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 05:52:44PM +0000, John Cox wrote:
> I tried to use this:
>
>   smarthost = "smarthost.example.net"
>
>   from any relay via tls://$smarthost

We don't perform macro expansion within strings, I don't know if we
should, it would have to be discussed.

Meanwhile, I'd use:

    smarthost = "tls://smarthost.example.net"
    [...] from any relay via $smarthost

that should work

> however from the debug it looks like the macro did not expand and
> (unsurprisingly) the system couldn't find the system "$smarthost" to
> relay to.  Should this work or is the macro prevented from expanding
> due to not being preceded by whitespace?
>
> Could I use a macro for a longer bit of syntax e.g.
>
>   smart_relay = "relay via tls://smarthost.example.net pki
> smarthost.example.net verify"
>
>   from any smart_relay
>

> And if so (a) how can I get quotes into a macro and (b) can I use
> other macros inside a macro?

No, the macro will expand to a STRING and therefore not respect the
syntax

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg