On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 07:13:57AM +0200, Martin Braun wrote:
> In the documentation http://opensmtpd.org/table.5.html it doesn't use
> the shell in the passwd file.

table(5) describes the format of file, static and db tables which is
the internal format used by every table we support.

when you are using another table backend, you should read the
table_<backend>(5) man page, in this case, table_passwd(5)

> The documentation uses the following example:
>
> [...]
>
> But in my case, because I am using "vmail" and having dovecot using
> the same file, the file looks like this:
>
> user1:$2a$06$hIJ4QfMcp.90nJwKqGbKM.MybArjHOTpEtoTV.DgLYAiThuoYmTSe:
> 5000:5000::/var/vmail:/bin/nologin
>
> I wanted to remove the ":/bin/nologin" part because Dovecot doesn't
> need that, but if I do that I get the following error from OpenSMTPD:

You can't, table_passwd(5) expect as Unix passwd(5) style format, and
the shell is part of it.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg