I know that the filter rules are applied in order and first match
decides what action is taken.  My question is in regards to tagging
emails (like with using CLAM_IN and SPAM_IN proxies etc)...

Does an email hold more than one tag?  Or does a newer tag replace an
older one?  If it holds more than one tag, then the order of "accept
tagged ..." rules is important because if smtpd keeps seeing a tag, then
it can go into a loop, correct?

So, for example, the following will result in a loop because the first
"accept tagged CLAM_IN" will always apply once the last rule sends to
clamsmtpd:

# tagged mail returned from clamsmtpd send to spampd
accept tagged CLAM_IN for any relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:10025 # send to
spampd
# tagged mail returned from spampd deliver to maildir
accept tagged SPAM_IN for domain <vdomains> virtual <vusers> deliver to
maildir
# untagged mail is sent to clamsmtpd
accept from any for domain <vdomains> relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:11025 #
incoming goes to clamsmtpd

On the other hand, flipping the order of the first two rules will result
in the email being processed correctly:

# tagged mail returned from spampd deliver to maildir
accept tagged SPAM_IN for domain <vdomains> virtual <vusers> deliver to
maildir
# tagged mail returned from clamsmtpd send to spampd
accept tagged CLAM_IN for any relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:10025 # send to
spampd
# untagged mail is sent to clamsmtpd
accept from any for domain <vdomains> relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:11025 #
incoming goes to clamsmtpd

Is that right?

Thank you.

--