On 03/19/15 00:44, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:56:46PM +0100, Ulrich Grassberger wrote:
Hello,

smtpd.conf and # smtpd -dv 2>smtps.txt are attached. The server cannot
speak tls. But why does smtps not work?

Because the server does not support smtps!? Check with openssl/gnutls-cli!
Then try again with mail-ssl.versatel.de.

Thank thee! smtp.versatel.de speaks indeed only plain smtp. But mail-ssl.versatel.de speaks smtps, so i can send mail over opensmtpd to myself now.

But not to other people, because the "from:" header contains the user at my laptop but not my email account name; i get an "envelope expired" reply after a while. I "set from=\"grasso...@versanet.de\"" in .mailrc, but that seems to become ignored or overwritten. I cannot find a full/official documentation of .mailrc.

Uli