On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 08:55:24 -0700
Seth wrote:

> > If the filesystem supports case sensitivity then I can understand users
> > expecting the current behaviour but it doesn't seem practical to me and
> > I couldn't see a format specifier to lowercase deliveries to Maildir
> > expanding to just TAG.
> >
> > When someone sends to a tag user+...@users.org and there is an existing
> > folder Tag then it works great and I really love it, however I am sure
> > I cannot always trust senders to keep the case correct.
> >
> > Am I missing a configuration tweak?
>
> I use the lowercase delivery option to address this issue.
>
> accept from <blah blah blah> deliver to maildir
> "/var/vmaildir/%{dest.domain:lowercase}/%{dest.user:lowercase|strip}/mail/"

I was using %{user.username:lowercase} which seems to deliver to the
exact same place as %{dest.user:lowercase|strip}

As far as I can tell so far, this has no bearing on lower casing the
TAG? (portion after the + and before the @).

%{rcpt:lowercase} could work but would break my dovecot config that
relies on the username and would create uglier directories too.

I guess there isn't a tweak currently and so should decide if I have
time for a patch, the filter api or simply traditional client filtering
as I had to use with qmail anyway.