Hi all,

I'm Antoine, from France and I try to be good in sysadmin on Freebsd

Since yesterday, I try to configure my fresh OpenSMTPd daemon :)
New server, new configuration (lastest use Postfix + MySQL)

First, OpenSMTPd (and email allmost) is not very easy to understand, and
every app have their headache style...

So, just for begining, I've try successfully to make a local relay, here my
config:
cat /usr/local/etc/mail/aliases
root:m...@myotherdomain.com
admin:m...@myotherdomain.com
icinga:m...@myotherdomain.com

#cat /usr/local/etc/mail/smtpd.conf
listen on lo0
listen on bge0 hostname mx.mydomain.net
table aliases file:/usr/local/etc/mail/aliases
accept from any for domain mydomain.net alias <aliases> deliver to maildir
accept for local alias <aliases> deliver to maildir
accept for any relay

Everything work fine, except all email from shell will send with my own
user (me).
With root, with other user, with icinga user except for cron (root user).

This is from root:
# echo test | mail -v -s "OpenSMTPd Test" ad...@mydomain.net
<<< 220 mydomain.net ESMTP OpenSMTPD
>>> EHLO localhost
<<< 250-mydomain.net Hello localhost [local], pleased to meet you
<<< 250-8BITMIME
<<< 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
<<< 250-SIZE 36700160
<<< 250 HELP
>>> MAIL FROM:<m...@mydomain.net>
<<< 250 2.0.0: Ok
>>> RCPT TO:<ad...@mydomain.net>
<<< 250 2.1.5 Destination address valid: Recipient ok
>>> DATA
<<< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
<<< 250 2.0.0: d29a31ef Message accepted for delivery
>>> QUIT
<<< 221 2.0.0: Bye

>From Icinga user:
# su -m icinga
% echo test | mail -v -s "OpenSMTPd Test" ad...@mydomain.net
<<< 220 mydomain.net ESMTP OpenSMTPD
>>> EHLO localhost
<<< 250-mydomain.net Hello localhost [local], pleased to meet you
<<< 250-8BITMIME
<<< 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
<<< 250-SIZE 36700160
<<< 250 HELP
>>> MAIL FROM:<m...@mydomain.net>
<<< 250 2.0.0: Ok
>>> RCPT TO:<ad...@mydomain.netr>
<<< 250 2.1.5 Destination address valid: Recipient ok
>>> DATA
<<< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
<<< 250 2.0.0: 308fd296 Message accepted for delivery
>>> QUIT
<<< 221 2.0.0: Bye

I receive correctly the email to my alias mail ( m...@myotherdomain.com ) but
with wrong email ( m...@mydomain.net instead of root or icinga)
And I really, really don't know why !! My personal nightmare...

I search on Google, on Freebsd Handbook, on OpenSMTPd manual, etc...
I search how mail choose user to use for mailfrom. I found nothing !!! :'(

Icinga daemon alert me with my own email :-/
And for no reason (it is not the purpose of this mail), but php mailer
don't work :-/

I found just one thing, how define default domain
( /usr/local/etc/mail/mailname )
Since, every mail will send with @mydomain.net instead of localhost. Great,
I made it !

Can you help me to resolve this mystery ??? :)
Because later, I would like to make ssl/tls smtp, with auth and Dovecot/lmp
and if I can't resolve this...
I think I can't resolve all mystery will be come...

--
Antoine Michard