On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 10:47:28AM +0200, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:
> Hi Herbert,
>
> I just want to tell the mta to route all outgoing mail to the mta of
> my internet service provider. The first example in the man page
> smtpd.conf(5) seems to address this. But this works only for secured
> channels, which my ISP does not provide. So I tried to change smtpd
> to allow for insecure authorization. But this didnb
> find out why, I switched back to the unchanged smtpd and tried the
> example from the man page. I expected to see in the logs how my mta
> tries to connect to the ISPb
> to the MX of the target domain. The b
> from the example seems to be ignored by smtpd. The -vd-logs with and
> without the b

Well, the below config works for me on FreeBSD with OpenSMTPD from git:

listen on localhost

table aliases file:/usr/local/opensmtpd/etc/aliases
table secrets db:/usr/local/opensmtpd/etc/secrets.db

accept for local alias <aliases> deliver to mbox
accept for any relay via tls+auth://gm...@smtp.gmail.com:587 \
    auth <secrets> as x...@gmail.com

Please post your current smtpd.conf.

Before sending another test message, clear the queue and restart smtpd again.

Please post full debug log.

Can you test with a smtp server that actually supports smtp auth and tls?

--
Herbert