Copying my comment on this ticket[1] to the list for discussion
---

I would like to re-open discussion on this issue for a different use case: In light of more vulnerabilities discovered in the TLSv1.0 protocol since Dec 2013, I no longer feel it provides acceptable security and would like a configuration option to disable support for it. Going even further, I would also like to be able to disable TLSv1.1, and force all incoming connections to use TLSv1.2.

Seeing as how this does not downgrade security, but rather upgrades it, I think it merits consideration.

Syntax could be something like dovecot's 10-ssl.conf option

tls_protocols = !TLSv1 !TLSv1.1

Also, lets purge all references to the Netscape product from 1996...'ssl' and replace them with the IETF standard name, 'tls'

---

[1] https://github.com/OpenSMTPD/OpenSMTPD/issues/359