On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:38:34AM +0200, Joerg Jung wrote:

> > On 05 Oct 2015, at 00:38, Jason A. Donenfeld <ja...@zx2c4.com> wrote:
> >
> > At some point we might want a CVE for this.
> >

> Please, next time you publish such a security issue -- give developers a
> chance
> to provide patches, *before* going public. Think of the production servers
> which
> run un-patched now. You may want to read about responsible disclosures [1]
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsible_disclosure

We have told him on IRC that this was a very unkind move.
He has a different opinion and thinks he was helpful.

What's done is done, please don't let this thread grow, we now know that
we'll have to face this from within our community.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg