LÉVAI Dániel @ 2015-10-31T10:24:35 +0100:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to setup a simple backup mx on OpenBSD 5.8-stable, but so far
> it seems more of a burden than a "simple" task :)
>
> smtpd.conf:
> ------------------------8<------------------------
> pki hostname certificate "/etc/ssl/smtpd_cert.pem"
> pki hostname key "/etc/ssl/private/smtpd_key.pem"
>
> listen on pppoe0 tls pki hostname
>
> table aliases db:/etc/mail/aliases.db
>
> accept for local alias <aliases> deliver to mbox
>
> accept from any for domain "example.com" relay backup tls verify expire 30d
>
> accept from local for any relay

Alright, so the backup mx handling is clearly broken in opensmtpd.
Using "relay via" instead of "relay backup" works:

accept from any for domain "example.com" \
        relay via "tls://mx1.example.com" pki hostname verify \
        expire 30d

Anyway, it would nice to hear some words on this from one of the devs.
Is this intended? How can one debug this further?

Daniel