Hello,
I also posted this as an issue to the OpenSMTPD github repo but somebody told
me that the mailinglist would be more accurate to post this question to (I will
remove the github issue if preferred).
it seems whenever I use filter-dnbl with several hostnames, the lookups always
fail.
I tried using ipv6 lookups (although this is something opensmtpd does right?)
and have the latest version of the master branch of OpenSMTPD-Extras (where
this ipv4/ipv6 problem was solved with an earlier similar issue?).
The error I get is:
smtp-in: New session 81cf3e1a4d9ef916 from host pro-mail-smtp-001.bol.com
[185.14.168.222] filter-pause[1337]: debug: on_connect: sleeping 5
filter-dnsbl-spamhaus[1336]: debug: on_connect: checking
222.168.14.185.zen.spamhaus.org. filter-dnsbl-spamhaus[1336]: warn: session
81cf3e1a4d9ef916: event_dispatch: REJECT address smtp-in: Failed command on
session 81cf3e1a4d9ef916: "" => 554 5.7.1 Address in DNSBL smtp-in: Closing
session 81cf3e1a4d9ef916 debug: smtp: 0x24460a0: deleting session: done
My (sniplet of relevant) config is:
# filters
filter filter-pause pause
filter filter-regex regex
#filter filter-dnsbl-sorbs dnsbl
#filter filter-dnsbl-surriel dnsbl "-dv" "-h psbl.surriel.com"
#filter filter-dnsbl-spamhaus dnsbl "-h" "zen.spamhaus.org"
filter filter-spamassassin spamassassin "-s accept"
filter filter-clamav clamav
#filter all chain filter-pause filter-regex filter-dnsbl-surriel
filter-dnsbl-spamhaus filter-spamassassin filter-clamav
filter all chain filter-pause filter-regex filter-spamassassin filter-clamav
#filter all chain filter-pause filter-regex filter-dnsbl-spamhaus
filter-spamassassin filter-clamav
filter sub chain filter-pause filter-spamassassin filter-clamav
# pki/ssl/certs
pki server.pragmasec.nl key
"/etc/letsencrypt/archive/server.pragmasec.nl/privkey1.pem"
pki server.pragmasec.nl certificate
"/etc/letsencrypt/archive/server.pragmasec.nl/fullchain1.pem"
# listen
listen on lo
listen on eth0 port 25 filter all hostname server.pragmasec.nl tls pki
server.pragmasec.nl
listen on eth0 port 587 filter sub hostname server.pragmasec.nl tls-require pki
server.pragmasec.nl auth mask-source
# queue expiry
expire 7d
# virtual domains and users
table vdomains "/usr/local/etc/vdomains"
table vusers "/usr/local/etc/vusers"
# our accepted relays
accept from any for domain <vdomains> virtual <vusers> deliver to mda
"/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f %{sender} -a %{rcpt}"
accept from local for any relay
Using Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS with git branch of opensmtpd (OpenSMTPD 5.9.1p1)
What can I do to troubleshoot or further investigate this?
Are there any other spam filters that I can use or might be handy to follow
RFC’s? for example I do use some HELO checks but I think there might be more
then the ones I have:
# reject helo with leading or trailing dot, and without dots (non-FQDN)
# skipping address literals
helo ! ^\[
helo ^\.
helo \.$
helo ^[^\.]*$
Michiel
--
You received this mail because you are subscribed to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send a mail to: [email protected]