Hello misc@, sending again from different account.
Sorry if duplicate.

I rented an OpenBSD 5.9-release amd64 VPS and updated it
to 5.9-stable with https://stable.mtier.org/openup.

Before submitting a ticket to the VPS provider, I wanted
to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Regularly, the smtpd service stops running and it
won't autostart back, although it is activated to
do so.

# smtpctl show status
smtpctl: smtpd doesn't seem to be running

# rcctl ls on
check_quotas
cron
ntpd
smtpd
sshd
syslogd

# rcctl ls started
cron
ntpd
sshd
syslogd

# rcctl start smtpd
smtpd(ok)

Below it is my smtpd.conf, edited to not show personal
details, it is a quite simple forwarding setup:

pki mydomain.com certificate "/etc/mail/tls/mycert.crt"
pki mydomain.com key "/etc/mail/tls/mykey.key"

table authtable file:/etc/mail/authtable
table vusers file:/etc/mail/vusers
table vdoms file:/etc/mail/vdoms

listen on all port 25 tls-require pki mydomain.com auth-optional
<authtable> \
hostname mydomain.com

accept from any for domain <vdoms> virtual <vusers> deliver to mbox
accept from local for any relay

I ran chmod -R 0400 /etc/mail/tls/, if it helps to know that.

Both sending and receiving works fine when smtpd is running,
but it is the second time I woke up in the morning having
smtpd stopped with no apparent reason, and not autostarting
back. When I reboot the VPS, smtpd autostarts with no problems.

I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place, but
/var/log/maillog isn't showing anything relevant.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance for reading.