> On Sep 12, 2016, at 20:22, ultr4l33t <i...@ultr4l33t.biz> wrote:
>
> Dear Wilhelm,
>

> im writing you Offlist because i dont know if the method is use for what
> your problem is about is a "real solution". For me it worked everytime -
> but i guess its a "dirty hack" which should officially not be used...
>
> The Mails are normally located under /var/spool/smtpd/queue as files.
>
> In the queue folder there are many subfolders so you may want to use a
> script to replace all
>
> lmtp://127.0.0.1:10025
>
> with
>
> smtp://127.0.0.1:10025
>
> in these Files.
> Before you do that you should shut down the opensmtpd process (i dont
> know if stopping the mta with smtpctl pause mta is working as well -
> didnt try) and start it after you changed the files. It will take some
> time until the Server starts to hand out these mails but you can skip
> that wait time with smtpctl schedule all.
>
> Regards
> Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

this helped me fix my problem. Though it definitely seems more like a
“workaround”. I’m pleasantly surprised that the queue metadata files are in
plaintext.

I first stopped opensmtpd, ran:

# find /var/spool/smtpd/queue/ -type f ! -name message -exec \
  sed -i 's#mta-relay: lmtp://127.0.0.1:10025#mta-relay:
smtp://127.0.0.1:10025#' '{}' \;

started opensmtpd again and finally fired off `smtpctl schedule all` and
watched mail getting delivered.

Cheers, Wilhelm Schuster.