Hi,

I’m trying to allow relay for authenticated users, however “smtpd -n” gives a
syntax error on the last line (with the authenticated) keyword. As far as I
understand the documentation [1], this should be the correct syntax. I’ve
included my config below. Any hints on why this isn’t working? I’m using
OpenSMTPD version 6.0.2p1.

In the config below, i differentiate between hosts which can only mail to
internal domains and hosts which can relay to any domain. It would be great to
be able to do the same for authenticated users. For example with “accept from
any user <allowed_to_relay_internally> for domain <internal_domains>”. I don’t
see how I would be able to do that with the current options.

Thanks and Kind regards,
Frank.

1: http://man.openbsd.org/smtpd.conf

—
# PKI
pki mail.example.com certificate "/etc/opensmtpd/ssl.crt"
pki mail.example.com key "/etc/opensmtpd/ssl.key"

# If you edit the file, you have to run "smtpctl update table <tablename>"
table internal_domains file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/internal_domains
table sender_domains file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/sender_domains
table can_relay_internally file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/can_relay_internally
table can_relay_externally file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/can_relay_externally
table recipient_whitelist file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/recipient_whitelist
table smtp_users file:/etc/opensmtpd/tables/smtp_users

# Interface to listen on any address (needed for failover)
listen on 0.0.0.0 secure auth-optional <smtp_users> pki mail.example.com

# Listen on localhost for DKIM signed mail
listen on 127.0.0.1 port 10028 tag DKIM

# Relay all DKIM signed mails
accept tagged DKIM for any relay

# accept all mail for whitelisted recipients and relay to dkimproxy
accept from any for any recipient <recipient_whitelist> relay via
smtp://127.0.0.1:10027

# Hosts in table <can_relay_externally> are allowed to relay to any from
approved sender domains
accept from source <can_relay_externally> sender <sender_domains> for any relay
via smtp://127.0.0.1:10027

# Hosts in table <can_relay_internally> are allowed to relay to any from
approved sender domains
accept from source <can_relay_internally> sender <sender_domains> for domain
<internal_domains> relay via smtp://127.0.0.1:10027

# Authenticated users are allowed to relay
accept authenticated from any relay
—