Hi there,

this is my first post on here since I noticed the openbsd mailinglist isnt the place to ask specific questions about opensmtpd.

so here we go ...

I basically have a working LDAP directory to authenticate with dovecot so I'm sure the stuff in there is sane. I installed opensmtpd-extras from the ports and now try to get my ldap dir to work with opensmtp.

I can lookup the accounts in the dir but get a 535 Auth failed when I try to send a Mail from thunderbird. I use password, plain in thunderbird and my userPassword in the ldap dir is also plain (so not stored encrypted).

What is the way to go from here to get opensmtpd to accept my credentials?

any hint is most appreciated

regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT