Hi there again,

I really dont get it ...

the documentation tells me that both tools, smtpctl and doveadm, generate a bcrypt hash that should be usable for both applications to use as auth parameter

but reality on my setup is different, I can:

 - have a clearPassword and I can auth with dovecot but not with
   openSMTPD
 - I can have a doveadm pw -s BLF-CRYPT Password and can auth Dovecot
   but not with OpenSMTPD
 - I can have a smtpctl encrypt password and can auth with OpenSMTPD
   but not with Dovecot

I have these kind of strings stored in my userPassword attribute in LDAP and I tell dovecot in ldap conf to use default schema blf-crypt.

What totally confuses me is the fact when and how dovecot is going to decide to generate a hash for the password that comes in as a cleartext password anyway? Or is the assumtion just wrong that a hash is interchangeable between dovecot and openSMTPD?

The next question would be ...why does it work for other ppl?

Totally lost here :(

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT