On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 11:46:45AM +0100, Fran??ois wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I'm trying to move from Opensmtpd 6.0.2p1 to 6.4.0p2 my email server hosted
> at home.
> I'm running Linux on Raspberry Pi.
>
> I didn't face any issue with the release 6.0.2. But after migrated the
> smtpd.conf file in 6.4.0p2 format, I'm not able to send or receive emails
> properly through smtp protocol.

[...]

> Here after an extract of my smtpd.conf :
>
> listen on 127.0.0.1
> listen on $lan_addr tls-require pki mail.example.org hostname mail.example.org
> listen on $lan_addr smtps pki mail.example.org auth hostname mail.example.org
> mask-src
> listen on $lan_addr port 587 tls-require pki mail.example.org auth hostname
> mail.example.org mask-src
>
> table aliases file:/etc/aliases
> table indesirables { "@qq.com ?? }
>
> action distribuer mbox alias <aliases>
> action relayer relay
>
> match from any mail-from <indesirables> for any reject
> match for local action distribuer
> match for any action relayer
>
> I don't understand my mistake. For information, I compiled the binaries from
> the sources, maybe I missed to set something in the Makefile.
> Thanks in advance for your support.

The problem is that in 6.0.x authenticated users are considered as local
sessions and therefore match you last two rules, but this was not right,
it led to some configuration being impossible to express.

Starting with 6.4.x, authenticated users are no longer considered local,
and rules must explicitly match them:

    match auth from any [...]

The 'auth' criteria is no longer related to the locality, so you're able
to write rules that match differently the authenticated users which come
from your machine or from others:

    match auth from local [...]
    match auth from any [...]

Your new ruleset should have one or two additional match rules I guess.

Also, while at it, it is now also possible to match non-network sessions
with:

    match from socket [...]

This used to only be matched by from local but can now also be matched a
bit more precisely.

--
Gilles Chehade                                                 @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org                 tip me: https://paypal.me/poolpOrg