On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 at 04:05, Edgar Pettijohn <ed...@pettijohn-web.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 11:37:31PM +0000, Mik J wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have wrote rules for my opensmtpd but some spams are passing through.
> >
> > The ones that I go through have a source like em...@mydomain.org and are
> > sent to i...@mydomain.org
> > I'm wondering if some of you have written this kind of rule ?
> >
> > reject from source !<myallowedclients> sender <mydomains> for domain
> > <mydomains>
> >
> > Regards
>
> Please provide your /etc/mail/smtpd.conf
>
> And perhaps some logs where the spammers are getting through.
>
> You shouldn't allow your server to be used as a relay without authentication.

It's not acting as relay in this scenario though, it's accepting mail
for it's own domain(s).

That said, a rule like this somewhere at the top should probably be enough:

> reject !authenticated sender <mydomains>

Note though that the sender and the from header in an email do not
necessarily need to match, and this check looks only at the sender.
Your mail viewer might be showing you the from header, which could
also explain why your rules aren't working as intended. Check the raw
mail headers to be sure that this isn't the problem.

Regards,
Maarten