Yes The mailbox of farid is on the host nuc.example.com.
At least several years ago when I set the server up, I had to have the
alias from farid to fa...@example.com.
Otherwise the email headers had traces of fa...@nuc.example.com.
I could maybe have solved it in another way, but this did the trick back
then.

I don't know why the from field is empty.
I sent the test e-mail by doing this: "/bin/sh /etc/daily".
That is since I noticed the problem when I didn't receive the daily e-mails
after the upgrade to 6.4.