On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 02:03:33PM -0600, ed...@pettijohn-web.com wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 08:12:29PM +0100, Johannes Krottmayer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a question or a problem of understanding.
> >
> > When I try to connect through the the command line utility openssl to
> > port smtp or submission I get this output:
> >
> > $ openssl s_client -connect odin42:25
>
> openssl s_client -connect host:port -starttls smtp
>
> I did the same thing and forgot the starttls bit. The whole pipelining
> thing doesn't really help to figure it out though.

yes :-/

the problem is that the SMTP engine expects an SMTP session, and instead
it receives a blob which violates the protocol and likely contains a new
line that triggers pipeline violation mechanism.

maybe we can do better, will talk with others.

--
Gilles Chehade                                                 @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org                 tip me: https://paypal.me/poolpOrg