When I install it on RHEL 7 I get this file, so maybe it works already.

[root@bi2 ~]# cat /etc/pam.d/smtp.opensmtpd
#%PAM-1.0
auth       include    password-auth
account    include    password-auth

I guess dovecot and PAM is a separate issue.

V/r,
Bryan

On 3/11/2019 5:29 PM, This wrote:
Hi there.

For two years I've been trying to set up postfix when I finally gave up on it. Then I found OpenSMTPD and I set it up in two days. This message is the result of it.

I learned that OpenSMTPD supports PAM, however I cannot reach any info on how is this achieved. Can somebody point me to the right sources or provide a how-to?

Ideally I'd like to get to a point where I have a single passwd file shared with dovecot.