On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 11:36:22AM +0200, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> My very own minimal would be:
> - have a dedicated IP address for mail with correct rDNS and fc-rDNS

Right now I am using the same IP as the websites I have for each.
Should I use a different IP just for email? This is not a problem to do.

> - setup the mta to support TLS (if needed, not the case on OpenSMTPD)

Got this

> - setup the mta to use a EHLO name matching DNS for the IP

I continually get that the two do not match using the various email
testers. Yet the domain names do indeed match.
I don't know what to make of this. I have no problems sending or
receiving email at all.
Godaddy is where I have my domains registered, but they specifically say
that they do not support DNS for sites not hosted on their servers.
That has led me down the path of learning to be my own hostmaster.
I have finally found a page that explains the strange setup I need to
request for only a small range of IP addresses. Hurrah!
But I'm not quite ready to venture out into that myself. But learning
this has been fun so far.
Do you think that being hostmaster will solve that problem?

> - setup SPF

Good here

> - setup DKIM

Not yet, given above problems

> That would be my very very very very minimum requirements.

Thanks,
Chris Bennett