On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 02:17:28PM +0200, Julien HAUTEFEUILLE wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

> I am using OpenBSD 6.5 with Opensmtpd successfully.
> Nevertheless, I have a question about the dkim proxy.
>
> I was inspired by the configuration available on the author's website.
>
> https://poolp.org/posts/2018-05-21/switching-to-opensmtpd-new-config/

I'm not the author of dkim proxy :-)

> On this site the passage through the dkim proxy is done in this way:
>
> match tag DKIM for any action "send"
> match for any action "sendtodkimproxy"
>
> On some other sites, I have seen configurations like this one:
>
> # with dkim sign
> match tag DKIM for any action "send"
> match auth tag DKIM from any for any action "send"
>
> # without
> match auth from any for any action "sendtodkimproxy"
> match for any action "sendtodkimproxy"
>
> What do you think is the best way to do this?

Most definitely the second one, not the one on my blog.

A long time ago, there was no such thing as matching 'auth'.

OpenSMTPD assumed any authenticated user to be a "local" user, so if you
read my blog post with that perspective, it makes sense.

Nowadays, authenticated users and local users are considered differently
so you need to match 'auth' to catch authenticated users.

> Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

use the #2 method :-)

--
Gilles Chehade                                                 @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org            patreon: https://www.patreon.com/gilles