Hi!

I am running a small VPS with 1 GB memory with Debian 10 amd64 with OpenSMTPD
(6.0.3) for private email and am looking what my best options are to limit spam.
I know there are some filters from Joerg
(https://www.mail-archive.com/misc@opensmtpd.org/msg04402.html) but am not sure
if these will work with my version of OpenSMTPD (I get a syntax error when
trying the old filter syntax).

I can also relay everything to Amavisd/SpamAssassin but then email won’t get
blocked at the SMTP level, also ASSP or Rspamd is an option but they are pretty
resource intensive and will eat all my VPS memory ;)

What would be my best option?

I like to do some DNSBL and SpamAsssassin checks if possible.

My config if that is to any use to give some insights:

pki server.pragmasec.nl certificate
"/etc/letsencrypt/live/pragmasec.nl/fullchain.pem"
pki server.pragmasec.nl key "/etc/letsencrypt/live/pragmasec.nl/privkey.pem"
listen on localhost
listen on eth0 port 25 tls pki server.pragmasec.nl hostname server.pragmasec.nl
auth-optional
listen on eth0 port 587 tls-require pki server.pragmasec.nl hostname
server.pragmasec.nl auth
table vdomains file:/etc/mail/domains
table vusers file:/etc/mail/vusers
expire 7d
limit mta inet4
accept from any for domain <vdomains> virtual <vusers> deliver to mda
"/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f %{sender} -a %{rcpt}"
accept from local for any relay

Cheers,

Michiel