On 3/6/20 5:00 PM, epektasis wrote:
> Greetings.  I have my own blacklist file of email addresses
> (some in the format microcen...@microcenter.com and some in
> the format *@squaredeals.com), one per line.  I would like to
> filter each incoming email so that a mail-from address
> that matches any line in the blacklist file will go to a
> junk file.  In the smtpd.conf I have tried
>
> table blksender file:/etc/blksender
> filter mail-from <blksender> junk
> match filter mail-from <blksender> junk
>
> but get syntax errors on both of the last two lines when
> checking the configuration.  There's something I'm not
> understanding and am asking for advice.
>       epektasis

Have another look at the manpage:
     filter filter-name phase phase-name match conditions decision
             Register a filter filter-name.  A decision about what to do
             with the mail is taken at phase phase-name when matching
             conditions.  Phases, matching conditions, and decisions are
             described in MAIL FILTERING, below.

So without testing (you should do that yourself anyway) I think what you
want would be:

table blksender file:/etc/blksender
filter blksender phase mail-from match mail-from <blksender> junk
listen on <interface> <options> filter blksender