OpenBSD is now supported and tested on OpenBSD 6.6 stable. Install both modules listed below and then just 'use OpenSMTPD::Password qw/newhash checkhash/;' It will automatically detect the XS module and use it.

http://www.pettijohn-web.com/OpenSMTPD-Password-XS-0.01.tar.gz

http://www.pettijohn-web.com/OpenSMTPD-Password-0.03.tar.gz

http://www.pettijohn-web.com/SHA512