On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 05:24:18PM +0200, Mischa Peters wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> I just noticed something strange on one of my mailservers running OpenSMTPd 
> 6.7.0p1  (OpenBSD 6.7).
> The mailserver was trying to deliver a spam mailbounce to fedex, it kept 
> failing so I removed it from the queue.
> The logs kept showing it was being delivered, eventhough nothing was showing 
> in the queue.
> After a restart of smtpd the message did show up in the queue again. 
> 
> root@smtp1:~ # smtpctl show queue
> cd9b0933db878954|local|mta|auth|@|prvs=1417a4ec2a=bou...@nds.fedex.com|prvs=1417a4ec2a=bou...@nds.fedex.com|1590676002|1590676002|1590937323|0|inflight|99|
> 
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # smtpctl remove 
> cd9b0933db878954
> 1 envelope removed
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # smtpctl remove 
> cd9b0933db878954
> 0 envelope removed
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # ls -la
> total 52
> drwx------  2 _smtpq  wheel    512 May 28 16:26 .
> drwx------  3 _smtpq  wheel    512 May 30 20:49 ..
> -rw-------  1 _smtpq  wheel    316 May 28 16:26 cd9b0933db878954
> -rw-------  1 _smtpq  wheel  19296 May 28 16:26 message
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # smtpctl show queue
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # rcctl restart smtpd
> smtpd(ok)
> smtpd(ok)
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # smtpctl show queue
> cd9b0933db878954|local|mta|auth|@|prvs=1417a4ec2a=bou...@nds.fedex.com|prvs=1417a4ec2a=bou...@nds.fedex.com|1590676002|1590676002|1590937456|0|inflight|1|
> root@smtp1:/var/spool/smtpd/queue/cd/cd9b0933 # ls -la
> total 52
> drwx------  2 _smtpq  wheel    512 May 28 16:26 .
> drwx------  3 _smtpq  wheel    512 May 30 20:49 ..
> -rw-------  1 _smtpq  wheel    316 May 28 16:26 cd9b0933db878954
> -rw-------  1 _smtpq  wheel  19296 May 28 16:26 message
> 
> I assume this is not the expected result. :)
> What else can I collect to pinpoint what is going on, before I rm the files?
> 
> Mischa
> 
> 

I also had this same problem. I rm'd the files.
However, what is the right solution?
(I was in a big rush and had to quickly solve the problem.)

Chris Bennett



Reply via email to